I recently managed to purchased some locally grown vanilla pods so decided to use them in my butter crunch cookies to see how good these local vanilla pods are against those that we get from Madagascar.
The result turns out very well. The local vanilla pods are 1/3 of the price and is able to produce the same quality of cookies. Looks like it is time to try my luck and order more 😍
The vanilla pods – locally grown in Malaysia. 25gm only for the price of RM25
The recipe for the cookies today.
- 250gm butter
- 140gm caster sugar
- 100gm corn flour
- 50gm rice flour
- 240gm medium protein flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 vanilla pod
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Slit the vanilla pod and scrap the inside. Add into the butter mixture and mix well
- Fold in the flour combine with baking powder, corn flour and rice flour. Mix well until form into a dough
- Wrap the dough with cling wrap and fridge for 10 mins
- Roll it out into 0.5cm thickness and cut into desired shape
- Bake in 180c pre-heated oven for 15 mins or until golden brown
- Remove and cool before storing it in an air-tight container
Enjoy the baking!