Frog legs are one delicacies that I would usually savor in chinese restaurant cooked either in congee or fried with dried chilies. A trip to the local supermarket recently, I found frozen frog legs made available. Taking up the opportunity, I decided to buy a pack.
Frog legs are rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A and potassium. Taste like chicken, it is also an easy cook because of the texture that is similar to chicken and fish.
For my dish, I decided to adapt a recipe that I have posted recently, Fish stir fried with mix vegetables
- 1 pack of frozen frog legs
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup shaoxing wine
- 3 stalks scallions, sliced into 3″ in length
- 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced into 1″ in thickness
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pieces of bacon – chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup of water
- Heat up the oil in a wok and stir-fry the ginger until fragrant
- Add the bacon and stir-fry for 3 minutes
- Add the cleaned frog legs into the work and stir-fry for a while
- Add the shaoxing wine, soy sauce and the water and mix well
- Cover and cook under medium low heat for about 5 minutes until frog legs are cook
- Add in the scallions and gently toss and stir until well mix for another 2 minutes
- Ready to serve!