When I decided to take a career break more than 5 months ago, one of my favourite ‘Stay at home Mum’ task is the privilege of being able to explore the different type of home cook food in the multi-racial country that I am staying.
Indian food has always been one of my family favourite cuisine hence I took the opportunity to self-learn where possible with the help of ready to be cooked paste found in the supermarket.
Tonight for dinner, decided to whip up a simple yet nutritious Indian dinner.
- 500gm chicken – cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 50gm plain yogurt
- 1 onions – cut into small pieces
- 150g water
- Coriander for garnishing
- Marinate the chicken with the paste – at least 1 hour
- In the wok, melt the butter and sauté the onions till fragrant
- Add in the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes
- Add in the water and cook for 10 minutes till chicken is cook
- Add in the yogurt and cook for another 5 minutes
- Serve hot with coriander for garnishing
- 220gm flour
- 30gm Wholemeal flour
- 2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of yeast
- 120 ml milk
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place everything into the bread machine and select dough mode
- After the dough is ready, split the dough into 5 portions
- Role out the dough and bake under 190c for 3 minutes each side
- Remove and spread some butter on top of the bread while it is still hot
- Serve hot
Dinner is served with fresh salad vegetables of choice.
A happy mum is always when you see your kids enjoying themselves with the spread that you have prepared 😍