One of the biggest challenge of being a working mum is to still beimg able to prepare a balance and healthy dinner for the family. Because of the long hours of working and travelling between workplace and home, slow cooker has become my ‘life saver’. So U started converting recipes where applicable into recipes that one can just pop into the slow cooker and by dinnertime, it would be ready for the family even if I am not physically home yet by then.
Braised Soya Sauce Chicken with Mushroom & Potatoes is a simple recipe that I quickly prepare before heading out. Put everything into the slow cooker, set timer to switch it on at noon. Perfect solution. The dish is yummy and most importantly my fussy eater loves it.
- Half Chicken cut into pieces
- 4 potatoes – cut into 2 inch thickness
- 4 shiitake mushroom – soak overnight, squeeze the water and cut half
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 2 bowls water (enough to cover everything in the pot)
1. Wash everything and place everything into the slow cooker
2. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours
3. Taste and season according to taste where necessary
4. Serve hot