Been a while since I last make any cheesecake. Someone dear to me is craving for some. With a big jar of Nutella that I still have at home, decided to make Nutella Cheesecake that compliments well with some Oreo Cookie mix with digestive biscuits.
This is a very simple non-bake cheesecake. Preparation requires less than 30 minutes, so it is the perfect recipe for a working individual like me. Just prepare the cake in the evening and presto, by morning, the cake is ready for delivery.
Note: Apologies for the not so perfect image. Had to quickly snap the picture before the cake was attacked by the little ones
- 100 gm of digestive biscuits – crushed
- 150 gm Oreo cookies – crushed (with the cream)
- 75 gm melted butter
- 400 gm Nutella
- 400 gm Cream Cheese – room temperature
- 100 gm plain yogurt
- 60 gm icing sugar
- 100 gm chopped hazelnut (optional)
- In the food processor, add the crushed digestive biscuits and Oreo cookies together with the butter with 1 tablespoon of Nutella. Blend until well mix
- Line the base of 9-inch round spring-form
- Press the biscuit mixture into the base. Using either your hand or the back of the spoon, press it firmly
- Chill in the fridge
- Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth
- Add the plain yogurt and beat for 1 minute or until well mix
- Add in the remaining Nutella and beat until well combine
- Pour onto the base and carefully smooth the mixture
- If using the hazelnut, scatter it over the the cheese mixture
- Place the cake into the fridge to chill for at least four hours
- Best to have it served chill straight from the fridge
Note: Consume within 3 days. Store remaining cheesecake in the fridge at all time and cling-wrap it.