A very good friend of mine recently went shopping and could not resist in getting a big pack of Penne Rigate when she saw it on offer. Lucky me, isn’t it?
Work has taken my time out recently especially over weekdays where I no longer could prepare hot home-cook meal for my family. I had to rely a lot on slow cooker and having to repeat simple dishes over and over again for them only because it was just so simple to prepare.
Tonight, I decided to whip up a simple pasta dish of Simple Fried Penne with French Beans with the French Beans that have been sitting in my refrigerator. Guess it is just another meal where I took out what is available in the fridge and whip up something simple yet a dish that my boys enjoyed.
- 1.5 cups of Penne Rigate
- 300 gm of French Beans – diced
- 1 yellow onions – diced
- 150 gm cherry tomatoes
- 150 gm of chinese sausage – cubed
- 1 tablespoon of dried parsley
- 4 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil the Penne with hot water in accordance to the instruction on the box. Put through cold water and then set aside
- In the wok, heat up the Olive Oil
- Fried the chinese sausage till it is aromatic
- Add in the yellow onions. Saute till soft
- Add in the French Beans and saute for 2 minutes
- Stir in the drained cooked penne and stir fry for 2 minutes
- Season accordingly with salt & pepper. Add in the dried parsley
- Stir and ensure that everything is well mixed together
- Add in the cherry tomatoes and continue stirring for another 1 minute
- Dished up and serve hot