Been a while since I was energetic enough to spend quality time in the kitchen over the weekend exploring different type of cuisine. Finally, this weekend, I was feeling much more energetic hence, decided to be a little creative with dinner for the family.
I wanted to make pizza for a while already. But I did not like the normal pizza dough, so decided to experiment with Paratha instead as pizza base.
Paratha is a flatbread that originated from the Indian subcontinent. A popular unleavened flatbread made from whole wheat dough, paratha are thicker and puffier than chapatis.
I must admit that I did not made paratha from scratch this time round. Judging on how much the boys loved the pizza, I will try to attempt making paratha next time round. So for this time, I bought frozen paratha from the supermarket.
- 1 packet (5 pieces) of wholemeal paratha
- 500 gm minced beef
- 1 yellow onions – chopped finely
- 1 red pepper – cut into small cubes
- 5 tablespoon of Pizza sauce + 1/2 bowl of pizza sauce (for this recipe, I had chosen Traditional Basil, Tomatoes and Garlic sauce)
- 200 gm mozzarella cheese
- pepper to taste
- In the pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Stir fry the onions until fragrant
- Add in the red pepper and fry for 1 minute
- Add in the beef and stir-fry for 4 minutes
- Season with pepper
- Add in the 1/2 bowl of pizza sauce. Bring to oil. Off the heat
- Portion the beef mixture into 5 portion and set aside
- In the heated up pan (no oil is required), puff up the paratha according to the instruction on the packaging
- On the baking tray, line with aluminum foil (I am very lazy so it is for the purpose of easy cleaning only)
- Place the puff up paratha on the tray. With 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, spread it nicely
- Spread 1 portion of the beef mixture onto the paratha
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Grill in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted and is slight browned
- Serve hot