Ice-Cream… who don’t love Ice-Cream? I certainly do! Even when I travel for winter vacation, as cold as it could get, Ice-Cream is definitely a must have when there are any that is highly recommendable.
Recently, a popular food blogger Bake With Paws shared her NO-CHURN RUM RAISIN ICE CREAM on her blog. And that caught my attention! Rum & Raisins, one of my favorite ice-cream flavor that is hard to come by now. So I decided to attempt making some on my own. A simple recipe to follow, it was a hit at home.
- 250 ml heavy whipping cream
- 135g sweetened condensed milk
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- Pinch of salt
- 120g raisins
- 100 ml rum (I use Bacardi Gold for the little oak rum flavor)
- Soak raisins with rum in an airtight container one night before – refrigerated
- Whisk the whipping cream until firm peaks at medium high speed
- In a bowl, mix the condensed milk, vanilla, salt, raisin and rum until well combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer container or a loaf tin, cover and freeze for 6 hours (minimum) or overnight.
I must admit that I was too excited to wait, hence I tried the ice-cream about 5 hours after placing it in the freezer. Not recommendable…. The ice-cream were awesome but a little creamy as it was not firm enough.