新年快乐.. Happy Lunar New Year everyone. Gong Xi Fa Cai!
Another year gone by! Today is the last day of the year of 🐒. Tomorrow the Chinese worldwide would be ushering in the year of 🐔
May the year of Fire Rooster, 🔥 🐔 brings lot of happiness, wealth and health.
The eve of Lunar New Year is an important day where family members near and far gathering together for what we call ‘reunion’ dinner.
This year, unfortunately we are celebrating without my parents whom decided to remain back in their 🏡 for the Lunar New Year. Since there are now only 5 of us, I decided to cook simple dinner at home instead of heading out for dinner in crowded place 😉
Being a lazy person I am, I decided to cook my own version of Prosperity Braised Seafood with a Broccoli. The preparation for this dish although simple, actually started as early as 2 nights ago with soaking the fish maw and dried abalone.
- 8 nos of dried baby abalone – soaked
- 3 pieces of fish maw – soaked and cut into small pieces
- 1 sea cucumber – cut in slices
- 2 inch ginger sliced
- 8 nos of dried shiitake mushroom – soaked
- 1/2 cup of water
- 5 tablespoon scallop sauce
- Put the mushroom, fish maw and abalone into the slow cooker
- Pour in the water and abalone sauce. Mix well
- Set to braised for at least 8 hours
- In the pot, bring 2 cups of water and ginger to boil
- Blanch the sea cucumber for 5 minutes
- Transfer sea cucumber into the slow cooker and leave to cook for 10 minutes
- Blanch the broccoli
- Decorate the plate with broccoli surrounding the plate
- In the middle, add in all the braised items
- Pour the sauce on top
- Serve hot