Gula Melaka, also known as Palm Sugar is one of my favourite ingredients to use in my baking and drinks because I simply love its’ fragrant.
It has been a while since I experiment with Gula Melaka. So, over my break, decided to bake Gula Melaka Butter Cake that I had adapted from Moist Butter Cake.
I was surprise that it turns out very moist. Butter cake are usually better after 1 night, hence, I am definitely looking forward to tasting the cake tomorrow.
- 250gm salted butter – softened
- 4 nos B size eggs
- 180gm brown sugar
- 210gm self raising flour, shifted
- 60ml milk
- 2 tablespoon of Gula Melaka syrup
- Preheat oven at 150c. Prepare the cake tin accordingly
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add egg one by one beating well after each addition
- Put in half of flour and mix on low speed
- Add in milk in 2 portion and mix well after each mix
- Put in the balance half of flour and mix on low speed
- Pour half of the mixture into the readied cake pan
- Mix the Gula Melaka syrup into the remaining cake mixture. Blend well
- Pour the Gula Melaka Butter Cake mix into the cake pan
- Using the spatula, lightly stir the cake to create the cake pattern
- Bake for 50 to 60 mins or until skewer comes out clean